Simba was born in a European circus. For most of his life he would have been confined to a “beast wagon” with hardly enough room to move.
He would have undergone brutal and barbaric “training” and lived a miserable existence.
Fortunately for Simba intervention saw him being confiscated from the circus and temporarily placed in a wildlife refuge, the Natuurhulpcentrum in Belgium.
Months of logistical planning took place before Simba could be successfully relocated to us.
On 13th February 2008, after a journey of almost 10 000 kilometers, Simba safely arrived at the Sanctuary and for the first time he had freedom to roam outdoors.
Simba was born in May 2007.
His rescue was made possible because of the generosity of the following sponsors:
British Airways, The Animal Reception Centre (London), James Cargo Services, Animal Travel Services (Cape Town), Beauty Without Cruelty and Jeanne and Ian Bathgate.
His enclosure was sponsored by the Marchig Animal Welfare Trust
Simba has been adopted by:
Rudi & Ingrid Strubbe-Gerlo (FOR LIFE)
- Melda Polat (FOR LIFE)
- Caroline Debansi (FOR LIFE)
- Helene Jeanney-Wragge
- Pinelands High School Interact Charity Club
- Clifford Partitioning Ltd,UK – (FOR LIFE) – www.cliffordpartitioning.co.uk
- Eric, Cheryl & Keegan Barnard
- Petra & Markus Grasselli (FOR LIFE)
- Liv & Lia Boeddinghaus
- Gisela Rohrich & Dr Bernd Rohrich (FOR LIFE)
- Nicholas & Lizzie Devine
- Dominique Savoy
- Karen Miller
- Barbara, Steve, Taine & Erynn Wagstaff