Dodo was born in approximately 2001 and arrived at the sanctuary on 23-12-2009.
Dodo was an unfortunate victim of the illegal pet trade in Eastern Europe. He spent his entire life imprisoned underground in a concrete pit! Grey walls and the rusted steel bars above his head were all that Dodo had seen his entire life!
In winter his jail filled with snow while temperatures dropped to minus 20!
His rescue was made possible by the following organisations: SOS Dogs Romania and Hundehilfe.
Special thanks to the following donors: The Jarvis Family & Avi Sivan.
Special thanks must also be given to Animal Travel Services (www.animal-travel.com/) and Havillam Abrahams from Highmoor Freight who once again assisted with the import free of charge.
Dodo has been adopted by:
- Isabel, Marcus and Katie Jarvis (FOR LIFE)
- Elena Christofides (FOR LIFE)
- Grahame Smith (FOR LIFE)
- Valeria Risoli & Edward Kuhn (FOR LIFE)
- Linda & Jacques Donald (FOR LIFE)
- Mandy Tregoning (FOR LIFE)
- Rudi & Ingrid Strubbe Gerlo (FOR LIFE)
- George Gretton (FOR LIFE)
- Debbie, Donovan & Jennifer (FOR LIFE)
- Eleri, Catrin & Broni Holmes (FOR LIFE)
- Yvonne Taylor
- Porky & Estelle Burger
- Anne & Edith
- Eduard, Josephine & Julian Rikken
- Ray Dalcher
- Charly, Hugo, Likas & Clara – Hamburg (FOR LIFE)
- Emily & Megan Joubert
- Die Viljoens
- Jared M. Engela
- Anya & Margot Glass (FOR LIFE)
- Palmer Williams Family (FOR LIFE)
- Specialites Pet Food South Africa (FOR LIFE)
- Nicolae, Cosmina, Tudor & Dodo Zaharescu, the family of the Consul General of Romania – Cape Town (FOR LIFE)
- In memory of Georgie
- Rob & Vanessa (Aus) (FOR LIFE)
- Waltraut & Miriam Gruetzner
- Gemma Zutic